Job Description Construction Project Manager
– To ensure the management of all project and construction development processes from inception to completion within budget and adhere to quality standards. Also to advice on issues relating to development process.
– Functional reports to Chief Project Development Officer
– Administratively reports to
– Supervises All Site Construction Activities
Roles & Responsibilities:
– Prepare the site of liaise with other construction professionals before construction work starts
– Develop the programme of work of strategy for making the project happen
– Plan ahead to prevent problems on the site before they occur
– Plan the delivery of storage of equipment of materials
– Make safety inspections of the site when work is underway to ensure regulations relating to HSE are adhered to
– Oversee running of several projects when necessary
– Use construction management software packages to plan smooth work flows
– Communicate effectively with a range of people (Client, Subordinates, suppliers, workforce of public)
– Any other projects and duties as required by management
Minimum Education Qualification:
– First degree in any Construction related field i.e. Building, Quantity surveying, Architecture etc from a reputable university.
– Master degree is an added advantage
– Full membership of national or internationally recognized professional institution such as the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE), NIOB, NIQS, RICS, NSE etc
Previous Work Experience Requirements:
– 8 years post qualification experience
– Information Technology literate;
– Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and outlook.
– Analytical skills
– Conflict management and resolution
– Ability to interpret architectural/survey drawings of documents
– Oral and written communication
– Effective time management and logical decision-making ability
– Effective planning and organizational skills
– Strong focus and quality
– Capacity to handle pressure
– Physical and mental fitness is a given
– Ability to coordinate several major activities at once
– Ability to inspire and lead project teams
– Relationship management and leadership skills
– Ability to implement and manage change.
– Acting professionally, ethically and with integrity.